Thursday, December 17, 2009

Remember When I Was Sane?

Not just partially sane, as in functional. But, really clear and (seriously) high on life. Wow. Those were a few killer years. As I look back, I think a few things...

Well, it took me a while to figure... but I believe that was just me being un-depressed. Completely happy and satisfied. Not only that but eager and excited to get up every morning. It was almost disgusting how well adjusted I was. And there was certainly negativity in my life, changes, lost loves, all the usual stuff. But I was in such a calm and learning space. I would be upset, journal it out and move on. Just really healthy.

Similarly, when I reflect on those years, I think about what the magical combination was to bring about such clarity. What was I doing then that I'm not doing now? It pretty much comes down to The List of Sanity. I was doing all of those things with regularity. Especially the exercise and people parts, probably my most challenging items. I had to admit finally that connecting with people on a regular basis (rather than avoiding them as is my natural inclination) is very healing for me. Supportive.

During those days, I went to see a band weekly (dancing, music) where a following of friends had formed (connecting). I also would walk the beach at least 2-3 times a week (great exercise, meditating, nature). As many days as I could, I would spend mornings at the coffee shop w/ my journal. I was also just starting up my business, so I was in super-creative mode... along with the excitement of realizing my dream of starting my business... this all added up to some very magic time.

Seems pretty simple when I lay it out this way. It is, really.

Simple.

Now let's get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment