Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wake Up Call... Reminder

Can I just take a moment to count my blessings? Whew. I just found out my cousin has died from a heart attack at the age of 36. That could have been me... as last year, at the age of 38, I too suffered from a cardiac event. I mean, 911, bring me back to life and all that. Serious stuff. It's good to have the reminder that people die from these. Worse than death, though, would be if I were now less able. You know, sickly and tired all the time... or had to have a special diet or a bunch of meds. Eesh. I shiver at that.

But, not only did I not die. Lucky enough, if you hear the entire story (which I'm working on essay-style), but I feel perfectly fine. I recovered in 2 weeks and have no after effects whatsoever. The doctors said they could find nothing wrong with me at all... aside from that one little clog.

So here, I'll express my deep thanks for this blessed life. It really is. And whatever I'm here to do, it will be done. I take none of it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment