Monday, November 16, 2009

So Far, So Good.


I know I just started this Winter of Awakening thing... but I'm off to an excellent start if I say so myself. Something inside me is very determined to make magic this winter. And I can feel it coming on.

I'm going to rearrange my home routine. Very important, as I am a creature of habit, usually bad ones. My plan is to make better use of my time and prioritize my mental health. My daily routine should look something like this:

A.M. - Coffee and journal/blog time. Out of the house well before noon to someplace pretty for dog walking (rain or shine!) Stop for misc errands on the way home.

Noonish -  Eat lunch, clean up some part of the house briefly.

P.M. - Work on the Project of the Day for 3-5 hours.


OK so this is mostly applicable for when I'm done with my current job. For which I have just submitted my notice. Step one of my sanity routine lol. However, this weekend I got a nice start. I've taken the dog out to a natural spot both days, so that's a good step.



I'll note that just taking the dog to the beach for an hour has done a few things on my List of Sanity: moving around, going outside, going into nature, and arguably meditation (if we agree that staring at the ocean, breathing deeply and thinking very little will count).

No comments:

Post a Comment