Monday, November 16, 2009

Get started, woman!

Ok, well I've decided I need a new blog. Wait, I started some entries in my journal while I was still contemplating posting them... let's see...


Pre-Blog Blatherings

Well, while I'm waiting to figure out a better title for my new blog… I'm writing in my journal. I'm starting this blog to do two things:

One: I've decided that this will be The Winter of Self Improvement for me. I'm going to use this blog as a sort of journal to chronical my progress.


Two: I want to reach out to people who might be stuck at home and depressed, what I call 'cave-dwelling', and share my tips and rules for getting un-depressed and back into the world.

I like this idea. I've struggled with depression most of my life, and while I'm not a trained professional or anything, I know what has worked for me. I know what it feels like to not want to leave the house or answer the phone or engage in the world whatsoever. But, somehow I've managed to become a fairly vital person with a business and some ambition. I understand the importance and power of just being sane. Hahaha (I don't know why, but that last sentence struck me as funny). But, believe me, it's an ongoing challenge. I think I seem pretty stable to the Outside World… but it's taken lots of practice.

Ok well I just woke up. My thoughts are all over the place… I'll try to organize my ideas better in the future. For now, I'm trying to come up with a better title than The Winter of Self Improvement. Although, that's the one that is sticking… I'm sure there's something catchier I can produce.

Oh and I also need a good fake name. I'm trying to be somewhat anonymous here, as I discuss some very personal problems and processes. Hm… nothing. I'll work on that too. Perhaps another cup of coffee is in order.

[here I will insert a video of Jackie Greene's "Don't let the Devil Take Your Mind"]


 

No comments:

Post a Comment